Write on! Syracuse Story Ideas. . . You'll discover endless travel-friendly article ideas throughout the Greater Syracuse area. From shopping, dining and pampering - to history, community revitalization, festivals, sports and more --- there are endless stories to tell. Here's a brief look at a few ideas that may inspire your next article or blog post.
• Shop ‘til you Drop. Discover why Destiny USA is projected to be the second most visited shopping destination in the country - second to the Mall of America.
• Green Getaway. Did you know Syracuse has been coined "The Emerald City?" Enjoy eco-friendly tourism in Syracuse with an overnight at a LEED Platinum hotel (one of only three of its kind in the United States!), a farm to table meal, and shop and play at Destiny USA, the largest LEED® Gold Certified CS Retail Commercial Building in the world.
• Sip on Syracuse. Discover the fascinating story behind the 11-foot-tall statue of the mythical patron of beers, now on display in the Syracuse Brewing History exhibit at Onondaga Historical Association. Savor the statue's connection with the "Sip on Syracuse" beer trail.
• Frolic with Friends. Award-winning spa treatments, bathrobe clad lunches; luxury outlet shopping and a night on the town are just a few ways to customize a Syracuse Girls' Getaway. Indoor karting at speeds up to 45 miles-per-hour, a meal at the awarding-winning and original Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and a journey along the "Sip on Syracuse" beer trail are just the beginning of a Guys' Retreat.
• Local foods. You'll want to try salt potatoes and "coneys."
• Skaneateles. Why is this village a place for relaxation? And how do you pronounce its name?
• Apple-picking on steroids. Fall family-friendly fun at Beak and Skiff Apple Farms. Plus, there's apple wine and vodka! Agritourism at its best-run-and most fun.
• Snow Celebrity. What does it take for Syracuse to consistently earn the prestigious Golden Snow Globe?
• Get Moving! Syracuse's reputation as an all-around awesome sporting destination continues to grow. Ironman 70.3, Iron Girl, B.A.S.S., East Coast Pro Showcase, and the NCAA® Division I basketball tournaments are just a few recent events. Find out the reason behind Syracuse's elevating sports heart rate!
• Historical Preservation. 1800s buildings + far-sighted businesses = adaptive reuse. Armory Square, Hanover Square, Franklin Square... these former abandoned warehouse and industrial sectors downtown are now thriving retail, residential, and entertainment districts.
• Got milk? There's plenty in the Great New York State Fair's annual top-secret Butter Sculpture.
• Need speed? The Syracuse Nationals brings together nearly 8,000 classic cars and more than 87,000 spectators from more than 40 states and all over Canada, making it the largest event of its type on the East Coast.
• The Erie Canal sparked Syracuse's population growth from 600 in 1820 to 22,127 in 1850! Today, the canal's legacy remains in our architecture, cityscapes and even recreation. Bike across the state on the mules' old towpaths or cruise the canal via kayak or in a chartered vessel.
• Move over wine! Although Syracuse is part of the wine-rich Finger Lakes region, it has a growing reputation as a craft beer capital.
• Pass the salt. Get shakin' in the Salt City's Salt Museum.
Interested? Contact Danica Kaltaler, Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau communications manager, to learn more and discuss a Syracuse FAM tour.